For an indulgent encore to Christmas dinner last year I made a Toblerone cheesecake for dessert. I love Toblerone and it comes in four different flavours: Milk, White, Dark and Fruit and Nut. For this recipe you can use your favourite Toblerone but I went for the standard milk as I knew it would be a safe bet among guests! It was so good that even people who were ‘stuffed’ after the Roast Turkey and trimmings had to have a piece when they saw it on the table! An easy crowd pleasing recipe that can never fail and perfect for any time of year or occasion!
What you need to know:
Prep time: 30 mins
Chill time: 4 hours
Ingredients for 7 pieces:
8oz / 225 g cream cheese
half pint / 250 ml mascarpone or double cream
3.5 oz / 100 g icing sugar
10.5 oz / 300 g Toblerone (x3 small individual bars / x2 for cake inside and x1 to decorate)
3.5 oz / 100 g packet chocolate coated gluten-free digestive biscuits crumbled (can put in food blender)
2 oz / 55g butter melted
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1. For the base we need to mix the gluten-free chocolate digestive crumbs and melted butter and press onto the bottom of a 7” spring form tin.
2. Then for the filling put the softened cream cheese, vanilla essence and 100g sugar in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
3. Whip the mascarpone or double cream until it forms soft peaks in a separate bowl.
4. Either in a blender or using a knife carefully chop the Toblerone into mini chunks. Add the chopped Toblerone to the cream and mix well.
5. Fold the Toblerone cream into the cream cheese mixture and spread onto the base in the tin and smooth the top.
6. Break up the rest of the Toblerone into little triangles and push into topping until flush with the top and the rest crumble up and sprinkle over the top. If you want to add dark chocolate shavings sprinkle those on the top too.
7. Refrigerate until set.
8. Pure heaven in a mouth full! 😉