Here is one of my favourite cocktail recipes I’d like to share! My top three would have to be a classic Mojito, Black or White Russian and Foxy Lady. I do love other cocktails too but these are my trusted top three!
What you need to know:
Prep time: 7 mins
Ingredients for 1 glass:
50 ml Amaretto (Almond liqueur)
50 ml single or double cream or coconut milk
50 ml Creme de Cacao
50 ml Malibu (optional)
dark or milk chocolate shavings
1 chilled cocktail glass / martini glass
1. First of all we need to prepare the glass. You don’t have to chill it but make sure it is to hand. Next we need to grate some milk or dark chocolate onto a plate.
2. Boil the kettle and then carefully over the sink pour slowly (don’t burn!) hot water around the rim of the glass. Just the rim! Try not to go inside the glass especially if it has been chilled as it may crack!
3. Don’t dry the glass but immediately dip the rim into the chocolate shavings and hold for a couple of seconds. Try to get as much chocolate on the rim as possible. Put to one side.
4. Now in a shaker place all the ingredients- ice, Amaretto, cream, Creme de Cacao and Malibu if using and shake well for about 30 seconds.
5. Pour carefully into the chocolated glass minding not to wash off the shavings.
6. Serve immediately with a short straw and enjoy this creamy delight!