One of my weaknesses is that I love to munch on crisps and tortilla chips, especially when watching films. I know its unhealthy but I just love that salty crunch! I also love to dunk my chips and crisps into dips but I’m not really a creamy fan. I love Mexican guacamole and Spanish Salsa! So here is a recipe that isn’t too spicy that you can whip up in no time whether it’s for you or for a party of people! Just double or triple the ingredients for the quantity you need. Great with cucumber, celery, carrot batons or bread sticks, gluten-free crackers or chips/crisps or on your Mexican tacos with sour cream!
What you need to know:
Prep time: 20 mins
Chill time: 30 mins
Ingredients for one heaped dipping bowl:
1 ripe and soft avocado
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 large ripe tomato
juice of 1 lime
salt and pepper to taste
cayenne pepper to sprinkle on top
1. Peel and mash the avocados in a medium bowl.
2. Stir in the onion, garlic, tomato, lime juice, salt and pepper.
3. Spoon into a dipping bowl / dish.
4. Season with more salt and pepper and sprinkle cayenne pepper on top.
5. Chill in the fridge for 30 mins to an hour to blend the flavours.
Tip: If you like a bit of heat in your guacamole you can add some chilies or Tobasco Sauce but you’ll have to gauge how much you use for how hot you like it yourselves!