So I was watching a cooking programme on the German TV a while ago and I saw the chef make a really simple salad that looked delicious. I can’t remember the chef’s name now but anyways he said it was packed full of enzymes and was the best type of salad to have with almost anything and especially alongside meats or other dishes that are not so easy to digest. I make it so often, it’s quick, easy and even has a natural sweetness to it so is totally up my street! 😉 You could use it as a healthier alternative to coleslaw, which is smothered in thick full fat mayo. So here is his carrot and apple salad recipe!
What you need to know:
Prep time: 5 mins
Ingredients for a small bowl or 2-3 portions:
1 large carrot
1 large apple
splash of lemon juice
salt and cracked black pepper
drizzles of olive oil
To decorate (optional):
drizzle of honey or balsamic vinegar
1. Grate the apple and carrot into a medium sized bowl.
2. Season with salt and cracked black pepper, add a splash of lemon juice and drizzles of olive oil until the salad is moist but not soggy.
3. Mix thoroughly to evenly distribute the seasoning and lemon juice then if you wish, add the garnish of your desire or leave plain and serve.
1. Can be kept in the fridge covered with cling film / food wrap for 2 days (make sure you eat it by the end of the second day though)
2. If you want a creamier version try adding Greek or plain natural yogurt with honey and mix well.