I love Beetroot and luckily so as my Ukrainian family over in the East use Beetroot as a staple ingredient in most of their dishes! I’ve already written a Ukrainian beetroot salad recipe but if you’d like something a little sweeter then try this one. It is made with raw fruits and veggies and is packed with great enzymes! Why not compare it to the Ukrainian recipe, which uses cooked beetroot and see which one you like best!
What you need to know:
Prep time: 15 mins
Ingredients for a small salad bowl:
1 raw beetroot
sunflower seeds to decorate
1. Wash and peel the vegetables but keep the apple skin on for more nutrients.
2. Grate the beetroot, carrot and apple into a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl mix some honey, garlic oil, sea salt and balsamic vinegar together. Taste test to see if the consistency is right. It really is up to your taste buds as everyone is different. Some like their dressings sweet, others more sour vinegary.
4. Add the homemade dressing to the grated veggies and mix well. Don’t drown the veggies but do make sure it is moist.
5. Sprinkle sunflower seeds on top with large sea salt crystals to garnish and serve immediately. Use within 2 days and store in the fridge.